MAPFRE Middlesea Plc, with registered offices at Middle Sea House, Triq San Publiju, Floriana, Malta FRN 1442, is the owner of this website and is responsible for the personal data provided by users through this website.
The user is hereby informed of the processing of data provided while browsing the website, as well as any data generated while using said website, including, if applicable, any sharing or international transfers of the data that may occur, for the purposes referred to in the section Why does MAPFRE process your personal data?
If the data provided refers to third-party individuals other than the user, the user affirms that they have gathered said data with the third party's prior consent to share their data and to have informed them before providing said data, about the purposes of the processing, sharing and other terms provided for in the Information on Data Protection section.
The user hereby states that they are 18 years of age or older. If the data provided during navigation come from children under the age of 18, including health data, as the holder of parental authority or guardianship over the minor, you expressly authorize the processing of such data under the terms established in the additional information.
The user guarantees the accuracy and truthfulness of the data provided, undertaking to inform MAPFRE Middlesea Plc of any changes to the data provided.
INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION
Who is the data controller for your personal data?
The data controller for the information and/or personal data you provide to MAPFRE is:
- Identity: MAPFRE Middlesea Plc
- Company Registration No.: C5553
- Postal address: Middle Sea House, Triq San Publiju, Floriana FRN 1442, Malta.
- Data Protection Officer contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
What data does MAPFRE collect?
MAPFRE Middlesea Plc obtains information about its users. The following data are stored:
- a) Data obtained from the browsing and use of MAPFRE's website, specifically:
- The domain name of the provider (ISP) that provides them with access to the Internet. For example, a user of provider XXX will be identified by the domain xxx.es.
- The date and time of access to the website.
- The Internet address from which the link directed the user to the website.
- b) Identifying, economic and any other data that you provide through any of the forms accessible by users on the website and for the purpose stated in each of the forms.
Why does MAPFRE process your personal data?
The purposes for data processing are as follows:
- Regarding data obtained during the browsing and use of MAPFRE's website, MAPFRE will process the data generated by browsing for the purposes set out in the cookies panel and its associated preferences
- Where appropriate, data provided in forms accessible on the website will be processed for the purposes related to such forms, namely:
- If you provide data in an insurance and/or contracting application, MAPFRE will process your data to:
- Comply with the pre-contract and/or the contract.
- Develop risk profiles necessary for actuarial purposes in order to value and define the risk in a way that is as aligned with the data provided as possible.
- Consult shared files, including those provided by the Malta Insurance Association platform, but not limited to the automobile insurance database and the shared automobile insurance file on total loss, fires and theft for the prevention and investigation of fraud.
- Consult your data in information files on compliance or non-compliance with monetary obligations to assess economic solvency of data subjects and to prevent delinquency.
- Maintain and comprehensively and centrally manage your relationship with the MAPFRE Group.
- Conduct statistical studies and calculations, surveys, market trend analysis and quality control for the valuation of the service provided.
- Process, monitor and update any information you request.
- If you provide your data for claims and benefits management, MAPFRE will process your data to:
- Carry out all necessary procedures to manage the claim made or the service requested.
- Assess and define risk and prevent and investigate fraud in claims and benefits management.
- If you provide data in order to request information, make a suggestion or make a complaint, MAPFRE will process your data to contact you and respond to your request.
- If you provide your data to subscribe to an email newsletter, MAPFRE will process your data to send communications and news based on the interests you select on the subscription form.
- If you provide your data and agree to receive sales communications, MAPFRE will process your data to send you information and advertising, including electronically, regarding offers, products, recommendations, services, promotions, gifts and customer loyalty campaigns from the various companies of the MAPFRE Group that are responsible for the marketing thereof based on profiles created through marketing and statistical studies.
How long will MAPFRE keep your personal data?
The personal data provided will be kept for the time determined on the basis of the following criteria: (i) legal obligation of retention; and (ii) request for erasure of the data by the data subject in applicable cases.
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
The legal grounds for the processing of your data for the purposes indicated in the section "Why does MAPFRE process your personal data?" are listed below:
- With regard to the browsing and use of MAPFRE's website, consent is given by the user in the cookies panel
- With regard to insurance applications and/or contracting:·
- The legal basis for the creation of risk profiles necessary for actuarial purposes in order to value and define the risk in a way that is as aligned with your circumstances as possible is that it fulfills the agreement that is governed by the Insurance Business Act CAP 403 on insurance contracts, and on the regulation, supervision and solvency of insurance and reinsurance companies, and which sets out the need for said processing.
- The legal basis for consulting shared files with your insurance intermediary, appointed experts, other insurance companies or the Malta Insurance Association, including but not limited to the automobile insurance database and the shared automobile insurance file on total loss, fires and theft for the prevention and investigation of fraud, is the legal obligation established, inter alia, by the Insurance Business Act CAP 403, on insurance contracts, and the regulation, supervision and solvency of insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The legal basis for consulting your data in information files on compliance or non-compliance with monetary obligations to assess economic solvency of data subjects and to prevent delinquency, is the legal obligation established, inter alia, by the Insurance Business Act CAP 402, on the regulation, supervision and solvency of insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The legal basis for maintaining and comprehensively and centrally managing your relationship with the MAPFRE Group is the execution of insurance contracts and/or the application of contractual or pre-contractual measures.
- The legal basis for conducting statistical studies and calculations, surveys, market trend analysis and quality control for the valuation of the service provided is the execution of the contract and/or pre-contract.
- The legal basis for processing, monitoring and updating any information you request is the consent you gave at the time of making such inquiry or request.
- With regard to claims and benefits management, the legal basis for processing data both to carry out the necessary procedures to manage the claim made or the service requested, and to assess and define risk and prevent and investigate fraud in claims and benefits management, is the execution of the contract
- With regard to requesting information, making suggestions or making complaints, the legal basis is the consent given by the user by providing their data as contact details so that MAPFRE can respond to their request.
- With regard to subscribing to email newsletters, the legal basis is the consent given by the data subject by providing their data when subscribing.
- With regard to receiving sales communications, the legal basis is the consent given by the data subject to receive information and advertising, including electronically, regarding offers, products, recommendations, services, promotions, gifts and customer loyalty campaigns from the various companies of the MAPFRE Group that are responsible for the marketing thereof.
- To individuals or legal entities with whom collaboration agreements have been entered into, such as crane operators, repairers, appraisers, workshops, medical professionals, as appropriate, for the due provision of the service to the insured party or third parties, the normal execution of the insurance contract and the fulfillment of obligations undertaken with clients.
- To other insurance companies and / or insurance intermediaries and / or the Malta Insurance Association for the prevention and investigation of fraud.
- To the different service provision companies of the MAPFRE Group for the due provision of the service.
- To third-party companies with whom collaboration agreements have been entered into for the provision of qualified services requested by the client.
- To reinsurance companies of both the MAPFRE Group and third-party companies, necessary for the fulfillment of the contract.
- To the various insurance, financial and real estate companies belonging to the MAPFRE Group (www.mapfre.com), subsidiaries and investee companies, for the purposes of comprehensively and centrally managing the relationship of data subjects with the different MAPFRE Group companies.
- To authorities, regulators or governmental bodies in cases required by law, local regulations or in compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Access: Find out what personal data MAPFRE Middlesea Plc holds about you.
- Rectification: Request the correction of any inaccurate data.
- Erasure: Request that data be deleted when, among other reasons, they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Restriction of processing: Request that MAPFRE stop processing your data, if, for example, the data are inaccurate or the processing thereof is illegal. However, it maystill be processed for the exercise or defense of possible claims, the protection of the rights of another person or for reasons of public interest.
- Objection: Object to the processing of your data, except when necessary for, among other reasons, the development of the contractual relationship, if appropriate, or for the exercise or defense of possible claims.
- Portability: Receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and readable format, or request that it be sent to another controller where technically feasible.
MAPFRE Middlesea Plc accepts no responsibility for information on this website originating from sources outside of the MAPFRE Group, nor for any content that it has not created.
The links that appear on this page are solely intended to inform the user about the existence of other relevant sources of information available on the Internet, where the data provided here may be expanded. Under no circumstances shall MAPFRE Middlesea Plc be held liable for the outcome obtained through said links.
The owner of the domain is MAPFRE Middlesea Plc, with Company Registration No. C5553, and registered office at Middle Sea House, Triq San Publiju, Floriana, Malta FRN 1442.
WEBSITE CONDITIONS OF USE
The user undertakes to make good use of the website. This good use is understood to be in accordance with current legislation, good faith and public order.
The user also agrees not to use the website for fraudulent purposes and not to perform any action intended to damage, disable or overload the website or that may prevent its normal use and operation in any way.
All rights reserved. The design of the portal and its source codes, as well as the logos, trademarks and other distinctive symbols that appear therein, belong to MAPFRE and are protected by the corresponding intellectual and industrial property rights.
The reproduction, distribution, transformation, manipulation, public communication or any other total or partial, free or paid for use of the texts, images or any other content contained on the website is strictly forbidden without written authorization from the copyright holders.
MAPFRE Middlesea Plc reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to apply any changes, variations, deletions or cancellations to the contents and its manner of presentation that it deems necessary, whether temporarily or permanently. The user must ensure that they are using the updated version at all times. This does not grant users the right to receive indemnification for any damages and losses.