The Annual General Meeting of Middlesea Insurance p.l.c. was held on the 29 April 2014. The Shareholders considered and approved the following resolutions:
- 1. that the Accounts for the financial year ended 31 December 2013 and the reports of the Directors and Auditors be considered and approved;
- 2. that a final gross dividend €0.045 per share as recommended by the Board of Directors be considered and approved;
- 3. that the appointment of Ernst & Young as Auditors of the Company be approved and that the Board of Directors be authorised to fix their remuneration;
- 4. that Mr. Charles Borg, Mr John Cassar White, Mr. Gaston Debono Grech, Mr. Javier Fernández-Cid, Mr Martin Galea, Mr Pedro Lopez Solanes, Mr. Lino Spiteri, Mr Paul Testaferrata Moroni Viani and Mr. Joseph F.X. Zahra be appointed as directors on the Board of Directors;
- 5. To approve the maximum annual aggregate emoluments of Directors at €250,000 in the line with the previous year.
Mr Martin Galea was appointed as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Middlesea Insurance p.l.c. at the Board Meeting convened immediately after the Annual General Meeting. The Board of Directors, during the said Board meeting, co-opted Mr Nikolaos Antimissaris, from MAPFRE, as a non Executive Director in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company.
The newly co-opted Director Mr Nikolaos Antimissaris is the Regional CEO for Europe, Middle East & Africa within the MAPFRE Group. Mr. Antimissaris joined MAPFRE in 1994 and developed his entire professional career within the Group. After having occupied different senior executive positions over a career spanning over 20 years, his latest role was of Managing Director of MAPFRE Asistencia and Executive Member of the Board (MAPFRE Asistencia as the specialized Insurer, Reinsurer and Service Provider of MAPFRE Group for Assistance and Specialty Risk business with a presence in more than 46 markets in all the five continents). He also served as a Member of the Board of the majority of MAPFRE Asistencia´s subsidiaries around the world.
There is no other matter concerning Mr Antimissaris that requires disclosure in terms of the Listing Rules and the said appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
By Order of the Board