1. Turn off the air conditioner when the room is no longer being used.
2. Keep a room closed when the AC is in use, otherwise air conditions would need to use way more energy to keep the room at a comfortable temperature, especially when we have a heat wave.
3. If you have more than one air conditioner turned on within the same room, make sure all AC units are operating under the same settings, and more importantly, the same mode (cooling vs heating)!
4. Don’t leave your water taps running when not in use.
5. When given the choice, make sure you use the appropriate half or full buttons when flushing the toilet.
6. Use energy saving power options on your PC.
7. Print less and go digital with your documents where possible! Not only will this conserve energy, but it also saves paper by a considerable amount.
Taking these energy and water saving actions can be done anywhere you go with minimal effort, yet nevertheless, will still have a significant impact on the wellbeing of our environment! Even though water and energy consumption in Malta is on the low side compared to other EU Member States, there is still always room for improvement to help conserve our natural resources.