However, the unfortunate reality is that you can never truly foresee what medical treatment you might require, and going without health insurance can end up costing you even more! Whether it be for yourself or your loved ones, we encourage you to keep reading to learn more about why you should consider paying for health insurance. It might just be worth the cost in the long run!
1. Privacy. Let’s face it, regardless of how excellent the medical services are in Malta, being admitted to a ward isn’t exactly the most positive experience one can have. Having said that, we can empathise why some individuals may prefer to have their own private room as opposed to being cooped up with several other patients. By using a private hospital with your health insurance policy, you will find that having your own room there is actually the norm, and you can bypass this inconvenience entirely.
2. Choose your specialist. We understand that on most medically-related incidents, you would prefer to consult with your own trusted specialist. We promise to provide you with that sort of flexibility to better suit your own personal needs.
3. Investment outweighs expense. Even though health insurance is often seen as an extra expense, it will still be your safeguard under the circumstances that you do find yourself needing it. Buying health insurance can be a bit of a gamble, but it is one that you might end up losing if you get injured or seriously ill.
4. Financial protection and peace of mind. Although this has been said time and time again, it is still undoubtedly true that the greatest wealth is your health. Even though the periodic cost of health insurance may seem high, the cost of injury or illness can potentially be even higher. Health insurance will give you that peace of mind which you desire in knowing that should you come to need it, we will be there to help you take action.
5. No waiting list. Despite the fact that public health care in Malta is both very effective and free of charge, it can still come with some long waiting times, especially if your case is not considered to be an urgent matter. By using private healthcare through health insurance, you can avoid these waiting times without having to expend your own savings.
If we grabbed your attention so far, then we encourage you to continue reading. We promise to make it worthwhile! You may find that MAPFRE Middlesea’s health insurance policies have even more in store than one might expect.
Our New and Improved Benefits
As of 2019, MAPFRE Middlesea has introduced a number of new and improved benefits for health insurance. At a reasonable additional premium, clients will be able to enjoy several benefits such as:
• Our Routine and Preventive Care Cover which, up to a certain limit, will allow clients to undergo routine tests as well as monitor chronic conditions. After all, if you want to avoid having to deal with any unwanted turn-ups, prevention is simply better than cure.
• A Dental Benefit which applies to all individuals with Inpatient and Outpatient policies, covering a range of dental treatments such as scaling, polishing, x-rays, etc.
• The Waiver of Standard Exclusions Extension. In other words, clients are now given the option to customise their health insurance policy by waiving the standard policy exclusions for Vaccinations, Allergies and Clinic fees at an additional premium.
That’s not all though. Amongst a list of several benefits, other improvements also include:
• An increase in the limits of our existing table of benefits,
• Worldwide cover varying in line with the scheme chosen, and
• An extension of our emergency telephone assistance for all levels of cover.
The bottom line is, investing in your health can seriously pay off in the long run.
At times, you might find yourself hesitant to see a doctor even when it is medically necessary because you don’t want to pay for the costs out of your own pocket. In light of this, health insurance can help you bypass these mishaps by safeguarding your medical expenses for you.