We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
All documents required in support of a claim, including items being claimed for, if required by us, shall be sent to us by you, and at your expense. You must provide us all the available information.
- You must inform the police immediately about theft, loss or malicious damage or vandalism.
- You have to forward us immediately (and unanswered) any writ, summons or other legal documents in connection with any claim or legal liability resulting from injury or damage. You cannot admit, reject or negotiate on any claim with anyone else without our written permission.
- You have to send us all the information concerning the cause and amount of loss, damage or injury including complete details of wedding gifts (by indicating the make, model, shop, valuation for replacement), money, cheques (by indicating the exact sums and guest donating the gift) and vouchers (by indicating value and outlet).
- No person is entitled to admit liability on our behalf, or give any representation upon us without our written consent. We shall be enabled to conduct all proceedings in connection with claims in your name, and to instruct solicitors of our own choice for this purpose.
- No refund of premium is provided once the insurance has been effected.
- You must exercise due care and attention at all times for the security of your property and take all reasonable actions to prevent accident, loss or damage.
- If a claim is in any sense false, or if any deceitful means or devices are used by you or anyone acting on your behalf, to obtain benefits from this policy, all reimbursements under this insurance shall be lost and no return of premium shall be due.
- We will pay only a rateable proportion if at the time of any loss, damage, or liability there is any other policy covering the same event.
- In the event of a claim, you must send us full documentation to show that original contractual obligations with suppliers were evidenced or that ownership of goods existed in writing.
- You may not transfer your interest in this insurance.