We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits from all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the insurance:
You or your legal representatives must give the company notice, as soon as reasonably possible, of any accident or incident. You must send us every information about the event in your possession.
- You have to inform the police without delay about any property which has been lost, stolen or damaged. Also, you must do all you can to recuperate any lost or stolen item.
- You must notify the authorities of any lost or stolen credit and debit card.
- You must forward us immediately (and unanswered) any writ, summons or other legal documents in connection with any claim or legal liability resulting from injury or damage.
- You cannot admit, reject or negotiate on any claim with anyone else without our written permission.
- Where fraud (including exaggeration) is detected, claims will not be covered and we may inform the police for criminal prosecution.
- We may at our cost, start legal action in your name to recover compensation from others in respect of any amount payable under this policy.
- If any loss or damage, which you are claiming for under this policy, is covered by any other insurance, we will pay you only a proportional part of that claim.
- If we disagree about the sum to be paid under this policy, you and we have the right to refer to arbitration. We will inform you of this option and you must then write and tell us if you want to proceed. An arbitrator will be appointed in accordance with the statutory provisions. The distribution of the expenses of the arbitration will be determined by the arbitrator. The making of an award is a condition precedent to any right of action against us. Arbitration procedure does not restrain you from appealing against the decision in a court of law.
- If before the expiry of the period of insurance you are prevented from making your planned return journey, due to your bodily injury or illness, the duration of the policy is extended automatically without additional premium for up to a maximum of 30 days.