This insurance protects you while you are travelling. In case of emergency, policyholders may reach our Call Centre on (+356) 2248 0209.
With this insurance you can choose between 3 progressive levels of coverage with increasing compensations: Low Cost, Economy and Club. This policy applies only to persons resident in Malta who are taking conventional non-working holidays or business trips. We should be informed if you aim to include a planned sporting activity during your trip.
- If you cannot avoid cancelling or abandoning your trip, we will cover travel and accommodation expenses, including kennel and cattery fees, that you have already paid or contracted to pay and which you cannot get back. This includes too prepaid car hire, excursions, tours or leisure activities.
- We will pay for travel and accommodation expenses, including kennel and cattery fees already paid or contracted, prepaid car hire, excursions or activities, if your journey by air or sea is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, natural catastrophes or labour strikes. We cover you if it is provided that such cancellation could not reasonably have been expected at the time of contracting the policy.
- We will pay you reasonable extra travel costs if you need to abandon the trip because you, your travelling companion(s), or your close relative(s), is seriously bodily injured, falls gravely ill or is quarantined.
- We will pay extra charges if you have to abandon your travel because you or your travelling companion(s) is called for jury service or as a witness in a Maltese court of law. Also, if you or your companion is unwillingly made redundant and registered as unemployed.
- We will pay for emergency medical treatments outside Malta including rescue services to take you to hospital. We also cover emergency dental treatment for the immediate relief of pain. We will not pay the cost of any non-emergency treatment or surgery which are not directly related to the illness or injury for which you originally went into hospital.
- We will pay you for loss of your personal money and financial loss resulting from any credit and debit cards issued in Malta, being stolen or accidentally lost and then used by someone other than you during your travel. This includes credit, debit, cheque, bankers or cash dispenser cards. We will not pay for any loss or robbery which you do not report to the authorities and obtain a written report from them within 24 hours of discovery.