We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits from all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the insurance:
- You or your legal representatives must give the company notice, as soon as reasonably possible, of any accident or incident that may lead to a claim under this policy. You must send us, at your own expense, every information about the event in your possession.
- In case of the death of the insured person, the decease must be reported to us as soon as possible via phone to our Call Centre (24 hour service). The beneficiary will have to supply us, in writing if necessary, any information required, regarding the circumstances of death, authorise professionals to supply us all necessary information, and authorise us to render the required services.
- We may at our own cost, start legal actions in your name to recover compensation from others in respect of any amount payable under this policy.
- Where fraud (including exaggeration) is detected, claims will not be covered and we may inform the police for criminal prosecution. The policy may not only be considered invalid but we may also take other action consistent with our legal rights.
- If any loss or damage, which you are claiming for under this policy, is covered by any other insurance, we will pay you only a proportional part of that claim.
- You may cancel this policy at any time during its term. Any refund of premium will be worked out from the date we receive your cancellation instructions. Provided no claim or loss has arisen in the current period of insurance, we will return part of the premium after applying our cancellation rates.
- If we disagree about the sum to be paid under this policy, liability being admitted, you and we have the right to refer to arbitration. We will inform you of this option and you must then write and tell us if you want to proceed. An arbitrator will be appointed in accordance with the statutory provisions. The distribution of the expenses of the arbitration will be determined by the arbitrator. The making of an award is a condition precedent to any right of action against us. Arbitration procedure does not restrain you from appealing against the decision in a court of law.