Your MAPFRE Middlesea Insurance policy includes a wide range of benefits for you and your family. It combines personal accident and funeral expenses coverages and adds an optional travel coverage.
- We will pay you up to 104 weeks if you suffer bodily injury resulting exclusively and directly from an accident caused by external, violent and visible means which result in death, disability or medical expenses.
- We will pay, upon death of the insured, for the funeral and burial related expenses.
- We will include the transfer of the body by carriage to the church and/or cemetery, the funeral service, and the hearse and taxis for people attending to the funeral.
- We will pay for the preparation of the death certificate and any other documentation needed.
- We will cover the notification of death in a local newspaper, prayer cards or memorial folders, and flowers.
- With this insurance you can choose between 3 progressive levels of travel coverage with increasing compensations: Low Cost, Economy and Club.
- If you choose this optional coverage, we will pay you if you have to abandon your travel because you (or your travelling companion) are called for jury service or as a witness in a Maltese court of law. Also, if you (or your companion) are unwillingly made redundant and registered as unemployed.
Extra costs will be covered if you must abandon the trip because your home or that of your travelling companion(s) is made unfit to live in by fire, explosion, storm, flooding or impact by aircraft.
- We cover you if the travel is unavoidably cancelled as a result of the departure from Malta being delayed for at least 24 hours.
- We will pay you for reasonable extra travel and lodging charges suffered due to the inevitable lengthening of your trip.
- Emergency medical treatments whilst you are abroad are included in the travel coverage.
- We will cover the cost to obtain essential items if your luggage is temporarily lost (more than 12 hours).
- If during your trip your personal belongings are accidentally damaged, lost or stolen we will pay the cost to replace or repair, after deducting for wear and tear and depreciation.
- If you travel documents are accidentally damaged, lost or stolen when you are outside Malta we will cover extra travel, accommodation and communication expenses in order to obtain new ones.