We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the insurance:
- In case of an event or cause that may lead to a claim, you or your legal representatives must inform us, as soon as possible but in no case not later than 60 days, and provide us all the available information.
- You must inform the police immediately about any property which has been lost, stolen or damaged with malevolence. Also, you must notify them of any lost or stolen credit and debit card.
- You have to forward us immediately (and unanswered) any writ, summons or other legal documents in connection with any claim or legal liability resulting from injury or damage.
- You cannot admit, reject or negotiate on any claim with anyone else without our written permission.
- If you have agreed to sell your home, the buyer will have the benefit of the cover provided for the damage and loss of building up to the date the contract is completed, or up to the expiry date of the current period of insurance, whichever comes first (provided the building is not insured by or on his behalf).
- We will not cover or pay for loss or damage which you have caused, allowed to happen, chose to ignore or not reported to the authorities.
- If your home is unoccupied or unfurnished for more than 90 consecutive days, prior to loss or damage of valuables occurring, the policy will not cover the costs of them.
- We will cover the cost of the services visits, and labour that are needed for emergency repairs up to the limit stated in the policy wording. If the reparation surpass that amount, you will be responsible for the difference unless such repairs become payable as an insurable loss under any other coverage of the policy. We will not pay for any material or spare parts. You can claim a maximum of 3 interventions per year depending on the type of benefit used.
- You must not arrange for any repairs unless Middlesea Assist Ltd. have been notified and authorised such maintenances.