This policy has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is crucial to consider them in order to decide which insurance policy satisfies better the policyholder needs.
You must do all that you reasonably can to prevent loss or damage to property insured under this policy, and to maintain such property in a sound condition.
The following restrictions apply to the policy:
- We do not cover costs in connection with maintenance services or for which a manufacturer, supplier or service provider is responsible under warranty or contract.
- We do not pay for loss or damage as a result from rust, corrosion, wet or dry rot, mould, vermin, insects, fungus, deterioration or wear and tear, movement, settlement or shrinkage, defect in construction or installation. Damages caused by the use of faulty, defective or poor design or workmanship, latent defects, the use of faulty or defective materials, the lack of or faulty maintenance, depreciation, loss of value, atmospheric or climatic conditions, mildew, rising damp, the action of light, ingress of water, any gradually operating cause, process of cleaning, washing, repair, alteration or restoration are also excluded.
- We do not cover loss or damage, as a result of confiscation, commandeering, nationalisation, seizure, restrain, detention, appropriation, requisition, detention or destruction of or damage to property by order of any government, public or local authority or items held by customs or other officials;
- The policy does not cover loss or damage to business goods, stocks or equipment, business money and business or professional use of musical instruments, photographic and sporting equipment and accessories.
- We do not cover loss or damage occurring or arising from an event which happens before the policy commence.
- The policy does not cover loss or damage caused by malicious computer codes, or the failure of a computer chip or computer software.
- We do not cover loss or damage caused by seepage, pollution or contamination, unless directly caused by a sudden identifiable, unintended and unexpected incident occurring entirely at a specific time and place during the period of insurance.
- The policy does not cover loss or damage arising caused by war, invasion or conflict. It does not cover either damages caused by chemical, biological, bio-chemical or electromagnetic weapons, ionising radiation, radioactivity or nuclear equipment.
- We do not cover the cost of damages caused by external overflows or replacement of cylinders, water heaters, boilers, radiators and sanitary ware.
- We do not cover any loss caused by, resulting from, arising out of or related to Pandemic, Epidemic or Coronavirus Diseases.