We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
- Premiums are payable to us in euros and must be paid on the date when they become due. If they are not paid by such date, we will have the right to cancel the policy with effect from the day when the premium or any instalment became due.
- If we accept new members under your policy, you will pay an additional premium. This additional premium will be a pro-rata premium based on the number of days remaining between the date of the acceptance and the renewal date following the said date.
- In any member or his/her dependant wish to cancel the cover during the policy year, a pro-rata refund of premium will be made by us, provided that no claims, whether paid or not, shall have been made in connection with this policy during the period in which this cover is to be cancelled. The refund of the premium will be based on the number of days remaining between the cancellation date and the expiry date of the policy.
- The policyholder must give us notice of any planned In-patient treatment. This will give us the opportunity to confirm whether or not your proposed treatment is covered under your policy and the level of cover you have. An infringement of this condition will prejudice the payment of the claim.
- For a claim to be payable, all treatments must be initiated on the referral of a general practitioner (a registered medical practitioner in general practice or a registered medical specialist in family medicine licensed to practise medicine). Consultations or treatments given by gynaecologists, paediatricians or ophthalmologists are included. All treatments must be given by and under the control of a specialist.
- If you pay for appropriate overseas treatment in currency other than in euro, we will cover the equivalent in euro at the rate of exchange prevalent at the time of settlement of the claim.
- To qualify for the nursing at home benefit, all home nursing must immediately follow a period of in-patient or day-case hospital treatment covered by the policy, and be approved by a specialist.