Co-ordinate, organise and supervise the audit works carried out by the team under their direction, as well as conduct those audits for which they are responsible due to their relevance or complexity. Verifying the quality and validity of the information provided, in accordance with the procedures in place and the guidelines from their superior, in order to meet the objectives set out in the Internal Audit Plan. The person needs to be available to travel to Spain.
• Lead and coordinate the internal audit services with the aim of ensuring the veracity of the information provided by the organisation as well as compliance with the regulations in force.
• Define and execute the Internal Audit Plan of the Company, establishing its objectives and deadlines, as well as the teams responsible for its implementation, in order to ensure the effective control of the company’s operations.
• Coordinate and assess the reliability and integrity of the accounting and financial information prepared by the Operating Unit and/or Division, as well as the validity, adequacy and application of the accounting and operational principles, promoting that they are effectively controlled.
• Direct the preparation of audit reports and the monitoring of action plans, ensuring compliance with the rules and standards in force, in order to duly inform the General Management of any deficiencies detected and make recommendations to resolve them.
• Promote an appropriate organisation of the human and material resources in the area, and lead and coordinate the employees under their direction, encouraging the development of actions that help integrate, develop and disseminate the unit’s strategy and policies across all levels, while providing a suitable work environment with a focus on innovation, growth and profitability.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Minimum degree qualification in Accounts.
• Needs to be certified Public Accountant with background of the Insurance Industry.
• Knowledge in technical and regulatory issues and accounting specific to the Insurance Sector would be an asset.
• Experience in a technical insurance environment would be a plus.
• Oral and written communication
• Problem solving and decision making
• Analysis and interpretation
• Significant attention to detail
• Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Computer skills (Microsoft Applications)
Maltese Level : Excellent
English Level: Excellent
Spanish Level: Any level is considered an asset.
Those interested can forward their CV to email@example.com by not later than 30th September, 2019