1. To assist the MLRO/Deputy MLRO as and when requested.
2. Transaction Monitoring
Assume Responsible for Transaction Monitoring and including maintaining data thereof and referral to MLRO of dubious/suspicious cases.
3. Referred Cases
Analysing referred cases and reporting potentially suspicious cases to MLRO
4. Batch Screening
Assist in Batch screening
5. Monitoring of sanctions list & Media Coverage
Assume responsibility for monitoring of notifications from the Sanctions Monitoring Board and other sanctions related sources and Media reports (also to create relevant process handbook).
6. New IT System
To assist in the Implementation of new IT system AML/CFT/Sanctions features, testing thereof, migration, etc.
7. Process Handbooks
To assist the Deputy MLRO in the creation/amendment of process handbooks:
- Detailing AML/CFT, Sanctions measures; and
- Carry out of an annual review (or more frequently as and when a review is required e.g. change inlegislation) of the continued applicability of the Internal Procedures.
8. To assist the MLRO in the Monitoring of legislative changes
9. Updating of MLRO Team shared Folders
- To ensure that up to date MLRO Team related shared folders, MLRO Team inbox, JIRA, records of internal meetings including action plans agreed and progress thereof are kept up to date e.g. training records,
- Regulatory visits, FIAU related correspondence, etc. .
10. Act as Liaison with MMSV Units (in particular Operations & BDU) on AML/CFT/ Sanctions including issues such as:
- Identify training requirements,
- Identify changes needed to existing documentation and/or the creation of new ones (inclusion of AML/CFT/Sanctions related questions where feasible/possible)
- AML/CFT/Sanctions requirements enquiries from Intermediaries
- Ensure continued applicability of Process Handbooks
- ensure that any new comers or staff within operations carrying out new tasks are fully aware of the applicable process handbooks and have received adequately training in AML/CFT issues)
11. Maintenance of Money Laundering Alerts & Blacklists
Updating of Money Laundering Alerts on Peritus and Blacklists
· Education, Qualification & Certification:
Minimum of first degree in Insurance, Banking, or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
· Technical Knowledge & Skills:
1) Knowledge of Insurance and/or Financial Services
2) Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
3) Self-motivated and shows initiative
4) Energetic, positive and outgoing
5) Team player
6) Excellent communication skills
7) Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Maltese and English
Previous professional experience:
Work experience within the Insurance Industry and a similar role will be considered an Asset.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their C.V. together with their motivational letter on firstname.lastname@example.org