We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
- The schedule and its sections shall be considered to be incorporated in and form part of the policy.
- In case of theft, any loss or damage or accident which is likely to give rise to a claim must be communicated to the police. You have to provide all reasonable assistance in causing the discovery and punishment of any guilty person.
- The policyholder may cancel this policy at any time during its term. Any refund of premium will be worked out from the date we receive the cancellation instructions. Provided no claim or loss has arisen in the present period of insurance, we will return part of the premium calculated on the company’s cancellation rates for the unexpired period of insurance less any long-term discount on premiums fixed.
- If any difference arises related to the amount to be paid under this policy (liability being then admitted) such difference must be referred to an arbitrator to be appointed by the parties, in accordance with the statutory provisions in that behalf for the time being in force. The making of an award is a condition precedent to any right of action against us.
- We may at any time use all legal means in the name of the policyholder for the recovery of any of the money lost and which forms the subject of a claim under the guarantees. The insured must give us all reasonable assistance for that purpose. We shall be entitled to any of the money for the loss of which a claim is paid hereunder, and the policyholder shall execute all such assignments and assurances in respect of such money as may be reasonably required.
- MAPFRE Middlesea shall not be forced to offer or admit any renewal of the policy and may at any time give written notice of cancellation of cover to the insured at his last known address.
- This policy shall be void in the event of misrepresentation, misdescription or non-disclosure in any particular. In all cases where this policy is void all premiums paid to us will be forfeited.