Motor ClaimsMotor Claims

Download documents

Motor Insurance Claim Form (PDF) [55 kB]

What should I do if I am involved in an accident?

  • If the accident is a front to rear collision please complete the front to rear form making sure that you keep a copy of the completed and signed form.
  • If in the accident someone is hurt or injured please call the police authorities and an ambulance, if necessary.
  • For other type of collisions please inform immediately the local wardens on 21320202.

From where can I get a front to rear form?

You can call at our offices or at your tied insurance intermediary to collect your front to rear form and keep it handy in your vehicle.

Who decides who is to blame for the accident?

Responsibility for the accident is decided by our offices. Please do not admit liability at the scene of accident.

When can I repair my vehicle?

If you are comprehensively insured our surveyor will inspect your damaged vehicle at an approved repairer of your choice. Subject to submission of all the requested documentation and policy excess, repairs will be authorised by our offices following surveyor’s approval of costs. Parts will also be ordered directly by our offices.

If I am not to blame for the accident, do I still need to pay the policy excess?

For us to handle your claim and pay the repair bills of your damaged vehicle you need to pay the applicable policy excess. However, if it is decided that you are not to blame we will eventually refund your excess when we recover our claim outlay from the party to blame.

What should I do if I receive a legal or judicial letter?

In that case please notify our offices immediately and copy us with same letter. Do not reply or acknowledge this letter.

For any further information please do not hesitate to contact our offices.

All motor claims should follow these steps listed below to ensure your claim can be accepted, speed up processing and ensure your claim is managed efficiently.

Step 1. Notification

In case you are involved in an accident you are kindly requested to notify us immediately of this by completing and returning a claim form. You can request a claim form online, by phone: 21246262, by fax: 21248195, by email: or calling personally at our offices

Request a Claim Form by Post

Step 2. Documentation

Please find below a list of the documentation which should be forwarded to our offices together with your completed claim form:

  • Copy of the driver’s driving license
  • Copy of front to rear form, if applicable
  • Warden report number
  • Photos of accident or site of accident, if available
  • Police report, if applicable

You can attach these documents to the claim form and send them to our offices by post or email to Middlesea Insurance p.l.c. reserves the right to request any additional information and/or documentation as deemed necessary.

Step 3. Policy Excess Payment

Your motor policy usually carries an excess, which is the first amount you are liable to pay to enable us to process your claim. You can pay the applicable excess by sending a cheque payable to Mapfre Middlesea p.l.c. You can also call directly at our offices and pay by cash, debit or credit card. Alternatively you can settle the amount due through internet banking. Before effecting payment it is important that you confirm the excess amount due with our offices.

Pay Motor Excess Online